Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Happiness Project

The title above sounds familiar to you? Well, if you are into books, yeah you should. The book was written by Gretchen Rubin about her one year happiness project and how she did it. I bought that book long time ago and I have read half way through. However, I figured that it's time to stop reading the book (which I have stopped long ago, muahaha!). Sorry Gretchen, no offence. I just think it's best to turn it into action.

So readers, tell me. To be happy, do you just go with the flow or to make it as the only option? Which works best for you?

I was just curious. But the updates in my Facebook news feed aroused my curiosity even more. "100 happy days? What is that all about? Apakah?" I kept wondering to myself every time I saw my friends' updates.

Day after day, with the hashtag #100happydays, #Day1, 2, 3, bla bla and so forth, I began to pick up bit by bit. It seems to me that it is sharing one happy moment (at least) through the social media channel you choose. It could be about the food you eat, the friends you meet etc. In short, every little things that makes you happy counts. Kisahnya.

Nevertheless, I decided to explore more about this 100 happy days and I discovered the website: www.100happydays.com. It turned out to be a challenge, an interesting challenge but at no prize. What a pity! I read through the website on how do I go about with this project and so on, but what intrigued me most is one of the reasons I should do this project as listed on the website:

"Fall in love during the challenge."

Wow. I mean like, seriously? Jatuh cinta? Kalau jatuh tangga aku percaya, but jatuh cinta? Biar betul kan.

I kinda had a wow moment when reading that line but then again, this could be a general statement. Trying to be more realistic, I think (ehem) it is not necessarily you fall in love with another person. We could fall in love with a...place? Food? Flower? Couch? Dress? Handbag? It could just be anything right? *Sedapkan hati diri sendiri*

Oh well. Fall in love or not, I decided to join this 100 happy days challenge and today is my first day! My Day 1:

Spending time with my bestie, Miss Iera, on my birthday eve!

If you wish to see the rest of my photos during the 100 happy days challenge, just type #aidashar on Instragram :)

Join in the fun!

No comments: