Saturday, October 26, 2013

September & October Discovery

From this month onwards, I will have a monthly post on new discoveries. My very own personal discoveries to be specific :) It may not be new to you, but it could be for me. Sometimes, you may have one thing that you would like to share but you feel it is not necessary to write a single post about it? So yup, this is what it is all about :) 

This is actually my compilation of both September and October discoveries. Let's see from the bottom of the list...*slow drum roll sound*


#7: The Warong Popiah



I discovered this Warong Popiah back in my hometown JB.  It is located in the City Square shopping mall at one of the food courts. What does the popiah or spring roll taste like? Hmm hmm hmm... I didn't buy one and tasted it so I am not too sure. But the warong miniature with the bicycle and umbrella is just too cute to resist! I couldn't move and my heart was like "you must take a photo of this at least!". So there you go! Nice miniature, nice deco, so I am pretty sure it must taste great! Haha guilty as charged :D


#6: Chaiwalla & Co. Tea



This is not just another bubble tea. This is Chaiwalla & Co. tea and you can only find this in JB for now (since the owners are from there). If the word 'gourmet' could be applied for beverage, I think this tea deserves it. Most bubble teas would use Taiwanese tea, but Chaiwalla uses Thai and Vietnamese tea. That makes the difference and it was one pleasure experience. I cannot deny that at first, I was pretty 'disturbed' with the look of my pearl Thai milk tea because it was in bright brown-orange colour. That exactly reminded me of the colour of river covered with mud after heavy rain! However, I overcome my scepticism when I had my first sip of it. I straight away changed my mind! Added with the chewy pearls, the drink was like 'fantastico!' to my taste bud. Sedap, sedap but tak boleh minum selalu. Takut kencing manis babe.


#5: KGB Burger




KGB stands for Killer Gourmet Burger and seriously, they lived up to that name. Confidence = quality. I like! Mahap ler, the photo that I snapped here looked a bit 'kureng' because I had eaten small portion of it. Dah tengah makan baru teringat nak snap kan. But I must say the burgers are awesome! I would come back here again for more. This place is fully crowded, especially during meal time. KGB is located at Telawi, Bangsar (near Devi's Corner).


#4: Wondermama's Beef Nachos



HOMAIGAWD this nachos is like the best that I have ever eaten in life! It tasted like caramelised beef satay on nachos. East meets west, fusion indeed. Sedap dia lebih daripada menjilat jari. I just don't know how to describe it. Mind-blowing is the least I would say.  So far, only Wondermama serves this type of nachos. I would definitely come back over and over for this! Wondermama is located at Bangsar Village (old wing).


#3: Dubu Dubu Bingsu



Honestly, this is one delectable dessert! I fall in love with it! It is like ais kacang meets taufufah with nestum on it. The nestum does psychologically make you think that this dessert is healthy but hey, this is still one sweet dessert. Not too healthy if you really think of it! Haha. Instead of red beans, they use glutinous rice. And the mint leaves is not just any deco. If you mix it with the dessert, it gives a very refreshing and delightful tinge to the whole flavour. You know, it is kinda like when you first put it in your mouth, it makes you feel as if you are walking next to a very good-looking guy with a hot body while holding hands on a beautiful beach *dreamy mode*. You can find this dessert at Dubu Dubu Restaurant in Midvalley and One Utama.


#2: Koko Jelly



I recently received a box of chocolates from a friend and when I opened it, it was Koko Jelly! OMG this is my childhood candy! I have not seen this chocolate candy for so many, many years that I just had to snap this. It was a moment of re-connection with my childhood memories. Jejak kasih la kiranya but memang terharu kejap masa tu. And one notable thing, they have NEVER change the packaging of their candy. It is still the same old design. Epic!

*Loud drum roll sound* And the number one goes to....


#1: Silver Commemorative Coin for 50th Anniversary of Hari Malaysia!



This silver commemorative coin is the winner for this month's entry. It is my very first silver commemorative coin collection and the best part is, it is in colour (the Malaysia flag)! This is the first coloured coin that was ever produced by Bank Negara Malaysia and I am very proud to own one :)

That is all for this time around. Let the hunt begins for the next round :) Do wait for that!

5 comments:

weschairs said...

Nice discoveries.. :)

Unknown said...

Aidashar, your blog is so refreshing and interesting compared to many other blogs! I love it, keep them coming!
Verde.

Unknown said...

thank you weschairs and Verde. Your words are encouragement to me. I will do my best for sure! :)

Farah I. said...

those nachos.. hamagaaaad.. need to try em!!

Unknown said...

Yup you should dear! :)