Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Be at The Bee and was at The Bee

'Buka puasa' gathering has become the most awaited annual event for a bunch of my uni mates, besties and myself. I was like "Yeayyy!!" when I got the message about the gath. After considering various suggestions, we finally decided to meet up at The Bee, Publika Solaris Dutamas for Iftar. Wa, Nein, Reena, Shaz, Lynn, Yani, Ayie, Pek and myself - the 'confirmed gang' for the Iftar session.

I was the first to arrive. My first impression about the place was "Woww luasnya tempat ni!". It was spacious and I just love that! The flooring was nicely cemented, and the lights, decorations and furnishings are simple but yet modern. In fact, they do have a stage for performance and I was told that it is normally held every weekend. Overall, I love the clean look. Makes someone like me feel happier and comfortable :)

The setting inside The Bee
My friends arrived and we immediately browsed through the menu to order. The Bee's specialities include sandwiches, pasta, burgers and salad. After considering few options, I finally decided to order Bee Burger. Well, it's not like a burger with bees in it (haha you wish!) but just a special burger name, named after the restaurant. Since there was a special Ramadhan set, we took a package that had variety of appetisers and desserts (I think there was about five in total) with an affordable price. That was really worthy I thought.

Some photos of the food:

The Bee Burger I ordered

The appetisers - chicken nachos and smoked salmon caesar salad

The Bee Burger I had, when it first delivered on the table seemed like a simple and kinda plain-looking burger. But once I had it in my mouth, it tasted pretty good with its tender, juicy beef patty. In fact, they had all the ingredients, herbs and flavours right, which makes it even better. The caesar salad with smoked salmon was not disappointing either. The combination of the salad, salmon, egg and most importantly, the dressing was very enticing that it was the earliest appetiser to finish!

If it is not for Ramadhan, I think the nachos and chilli fries would have tasted awesome, topped with the melting cheese (the meal was prepared earlier, so the cheese was congealed when the food arrived for buka puasa). But I have to say the dessert was the best! The churros with nutella and caramel dips were yummy-licious and I think I don't mind eating just that alone!

I think this is a really nice one place to 'lepak' and chill out with your best mates. I don't mind coming back here again, to try different menu for different dining experience.



No comments: