Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Untitled Eid

I am feeling this awkwardness right now. Awkward for not being with my family for Eid, although it is Hari Raya Aidil Adha and not Aidil Fitri. Unfortunately, I am not able to go back to my hometown this time around since Aidil Adha falls in the middle of the week, and work in the office demands for my attention more than anything else (baby pun tak macam tu ok!). I think this is the first time I am not together with my parents for Eid.

I always read the 'Salam Perantauan' section in newspapers, where Malaysians in overseas send in their Eid messages and photos to family and loved ones in Malaysia. Now I understand how they feel. It's not fun to be away from your loved ones during such festive and it is definitely not fun to be away from all the delicious home-cooked food served on the dining table. 

Nevertheless, I am very fortunate though to have such understanding parents. Love you both muaxxx! And I am pretty lucky to have my brother and sis in-law here in Klang Valley. So instead of celebrating Eid alone, I tumpang beraya with them and the in-laws :) It felt really nice, honestly. To me, they are not just any in-laws. They treated me as if I am like one of them, which made it even nicer. I can never thank enough for their hospitality. Terima kasih daun keladi :)

To all family members, friends and readers, I would like to take this opportunity to wish Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha. Semoga Aidil Adha kali ini membuka lebih ruang kepada kita untuk mendalami serta menghayati makna pengorbanan yang menggalakkan kita untuk melakukan lebih banyak kebaikan, InsyaAllah. I probably sounded like a politician but I really mean it from heart :) And it is best to say it in Malay hehe.

Salam Aidil Adha from both of us! Myself with the lovely but unwilling-and-hates-camera-flash-light niece, Cik Qist 

P/S: It is my mum's birthday tomorrow. Happy Birthday Ibu! May you are blessed with greater health and wealth. I love you :)


2 comments:

Farah I. said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha my dear.. oh wish ur mom heppi birthday for me.. :D

Unknown said...

Selamat Hari Raya to you too dear :) Yup I will tell her that! Thanks!