Sunday, October 13, 2013

The 'H' Bleeding That Suffers

Recently, I attended a charity dinner to support a cause - haemophilia. I received the invitation from a friend, which I thought of declining it at the very last minute. I was extremely tired from a whole day of household chores. However, the thought of my sister who came all the way from Johor to be together and support this event changed my mind. I finally decided to join in. Selalu post travel, jalan-jalan and makan-makan kan. Kali ni saja nak post yang bagi insaf sekejap.

The word haemophilia to me is rare but when someone explained that "oh yang itu luka tak elok-elok" or "non-stop bleeding", then only it make sense to me. Nevertheless, it never crossed my mind that it is caused from a serious condition. Haemophilia is defined as group of inherited blood disorders in which the blood does not clot properly. It is a type of bleeding disorder that is due to defects in the blood vessels, the coagulation mechanism, or the blood platelets. I googled for more information about haemophilia but found this piece of interesting info: many members of royalty in Europe inherited their haemophilia from Queen Victoria! Fascinating but maybe I should do more search on this for validity. 

Back to the story, the charity dinner was held with the purpose to gain more contribution from donors in support of Haemophilia Society of Malaysia's (HSM) activities and the patients. The Patron, YAM Raja Dato' Seri Azureen binti Sultan Azlan Shah graced the event at Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur. Some of the photos during the event:


At the beginning of the event. The President of  HSM was delivering her speech

Video clip presentation on haemophilia in Malaysia

Singer Atilia entertained the guests during the dinner

Raja Dato' Seri Azureen  presented the donation to one of the patients

Raja Dato' Seri Azureen with all the patients and family members who received the donation

Overall, I believed the dinner achieved its objective as a number of kind individuals and organisations contributed their donation. Well, the dinner tables were part of it :) Raja Dato' Seri Azureen, through Yayasan Sultan Azlan Shah was kind enough to donate RM100,000 to HSM. So that added to the total amount of the donation.

Ok lari topik sekejap. I thought of mentioning interesting things that I noticed during the dinner. That was the first time I saw Raja Dato' Seri Azureen in person. So pretty! I love her blue outfit with crystal embellishments on it. Suits her well and the skin tone too. Hails from the Perak royal family, she has the role model persona in her and her sweet smile just say it all :)

Atilia was the entertainer for the night. She sang a couple of songs and her voice was very soothing indeed. I love her outfit too! The details of her outfit was well done I would say and the earth tone coloured dress matched her body size. Simplicity was the rightful theme and she rocked it on.  Alas, bila dia pusing belakang jer, terus nampak slack! There was this red striking, long-stretch zipper at the back and that was not flattering at all! Sayang, sayang but what to do. I didn't snap photo of that part, so I am not able to share it here. Luckily the front part of the dress was appealing. 

Ok coming back to the main topic, after the dinner, now only I am starting to understand what is haemophilia all about. 

From the outside, we may look at it as if nothing but deep inside the patients' heart, what do we know about their suffer? Still, I am amazed with their courage and strong spirit in going through
their life. I can see that their survival strength precedes some of us who are considered normal. 

S.A.L.U.T.E. to you people.

No comments: